Milos, as one of the most magical islands of the Cyclades, is an authentic tropical paradise with approximately 70 magnificent sandy beaches to explore, numerous thermal springs and a multitude of underwater caves.
The volcanic activity of the past has endowed Milos island with an exciting variety of stunning landscapes and a beautiful coastline with countless exotic bays. Milos’ beaches are famed for their translucent turquoise waters and their diverse scenery, varying from the renowned lunar like landscape of Sarakiniko beach to the unusual Thiorichio beach.
Below the sea, the island’s pristine underwater reefs and caves are highly desirable for scuba divers. Diving enthusiasts will find a paradise in the underwater caves in the triangle formed by Milos, Kimolos and Polyegos islands. References were made by Hippocrates to the peculiar morphology of spectacular caves and a multitude of thermal springs.
Milos’ picturesque villages combine the traditional Cycladic architecture with the authentic Greek hospitality. Sarakiniko, Firiplaka, Paleochori, and Tsigrado are the most special beaches in Milos, while worth visiting are the fishing villages Klima and Firopotamos. Interesting sightseeing spots in Milos, are the Christian Catacombs and the Sea Caves of Kleftiko, that are accessible only with excursion boat from Adamas or Pollonia.
Explore a few more of Milos’ villages such as Pláka, which is the island’s capital, the harbor of Adamantas, the beautiful Hivadolimni, the marvelous Emporios with the little lagoon of Revary and the old iron mines.
Authentic Experiences in Milos
• Have a stroll around Milos capital, Plaka
• Climb up the volcanic eroded rocks of Sarakiniko
• Visit the Venus of Milos and the Ancient theatre
• Visit the ancient city of Fylakopi and Tripiti village catacombs
• Visit Firopotamos seaside settlement
• Try scuba diving and explore the underwater reefs and caves
• Book a cooking class and taste the local specialties
• Join a jeep safari to explore the secluded spots of the island
• Taka a geological and mining tour of Milos island
• Book a catamaran sailing cruise