DELPHI & ARACHOVA
Delphi & Arachova
In Delphi lies the Temple of Apollo, on the basement of which was the oracle, the Ancient Theatre where rituals were offered to the god, the Ancient Stadium where athletic events were held to honor the god, and other monuments. The prophecies were delivered by Apollo through the words of Pythia, the high priestess of his temple.
According to the myth and confirmed by scientists, Delphi is the navel of the Earth, meaning it is the central point of planet Earth. It is here that the two eagles, sent out by Zeus from the ends of the universe to find the navel of the world, met. Worth visiting is also the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, which includes ancient artifacts discovered at the oracle of Delphi site and mainly votive offerings dedicated to the sanctuary.
Arachova, being just 10 minutes from the world-famous archaeological site of Delphi, is regarded as one of the top winter destinations in Greece. Located on the rocky slopes of Mount Parnassus, Arachova is a picturesque mountain town. This charming town is full of traditional stone houses, local shops, cafes and tavernas, and incredible mountain views.
During winter Arachova, gets very busy due to its lively nightlife and the three ski centers of Mount Parnassus. Arachova is the perfect base for quick getaways to the nearby Itea, Galaxidi, and Nafpaktos.
Authentic Experiences in Delphi & Arachova
• Visit Delphi archeological site, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Climb Mount Parnassus and enjoy the breathtaking view from the top
• Visit Osios Loukas Monastery near Distomo, a UNESCO World Heritage Monument
• During winter enjoy skiing at the ski center of Mount Parnassus
• Book a paragliding course or try hiking, climbing and mountain cycling
• Enjoy beauty of the picturesque villages of the mountain
• Visit the Ethnographic Museum in Arachova
• Discover and taste the quality local wines of the area